About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Drought

We are officially in a drought. The rivers are low and barely flowing and the hydroelectric plant says the water at the dam is going dry. That means they will soon be turning off the electricity. To make things worse, the indigenious people are in the mountains burning wood hoping the smoke will produce rain. That makes the entire city under a cloud of smoke and making it difficult to breath. Let's hope it rains soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I was wondering why there were so many more fires up in the hills. We were in the city center today and it was hard to breath, very smoky. And our power was out all morning till 6:00pm :( I think I might go light the field next door = rain :)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.