About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Almost Delayed

So Mark and I are getting excited to leave Ecuador and have some vacation. We worked extra to earn a bit more money and get a few gifts for are families. And what happens? A threat of a paro. The indeginous are protesting a new law and closing the roads. Traveling to Guayaquil is iffy... then Thursday night about midnight Mark wakes up with a high fever. We take him to the doctor and he orders all type of tests that literally spent all our travel money and the doc said he needs to be in the hospital. He has Prostatitis. We told the doc that we were traveling and then he said he would insert a herperin lock so he could get interveinous injections. No, please that won't work either so we talked him into giving us injections and pills. So, every 12 hours I'm giving him injections and as long as we can keep his fever under control the doc released him to travel.

Hopefully, we will get through to Guayaquil and Mark can rest in the States.

5 comments:

  1. OH NO!!!

    Hope everything works out and Mark gets better quick!

    Love Us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about Mark! We hope he will feel better soon, and that your trip will not be delayed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon Mark.
    Love,
    Drew

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you guys made it safe and sound and are enjoying yourselves!! And I hope that Mark is feeling better...We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ecuador!!
    Last year I did some Ecuador Galapagos tours and I had so much fun!! I realized how beatifull the nature can be :)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.