About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Brave Sisters

The other day while out in the ministry with 5 other little Ecuadorian sisters, we passed two men sitting in a field. They were obviously drunk so we just casually walked by and didn't say anything. The 2 men immediately started yelling at us and got up and walked toward us. We kept on our way, but they started directing their comments to me saying they wanted to talk to the "gringa." Anyone who knows me knows that I am a big girl and pretty much tower over any Ecuadorian, male or female. So I wasn't too worried about these guys. However, my 5 little companions immediately stood between these 2 guys and me and would not let them near me. They would not budge until these guys decided to leave us alone. Tears came to my eyes as I watched these brave little sisters take action to protect me. What a show of Christian love and loyalty and a lesson on how we defend our brothers.

3 comments:

  1. So now you are working in the ministry with your own "guardaespaldas". Mark doesn't have to worry about you with such loving protectors! You must have been so impressed by the love they showed to you.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always have to be a little on guard, even with the angels looking over us. Good story. We had lunch with Baxter's yesterday after he gave talk; they were in Ecuador several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice. We wish we could have lunch with them. They are our folks and we miss them. We hope to talk them into coming back to Ecuador soon.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.