About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

All Good Things Must Come to an End...Or Do they?

The two weeks flew by. But, what a wonderful experience! This is the second time around for Mark and I and we feel we learned more this time than the first. Sadly, I got sick during the second week and missed 2 days and Mark was ill the last day. But, besides this great disappointment I can truthfully say that it was one of the most encouraging experiences in my spiritual life.

Students of all ages and many different backgrounds attended. From the U.S., New Zealand, Norway, Spain (actually our CO is from Spain) and in Ecuador brothers from the coast, mountains and rural areas. Single, married, male, female, mothers, fathers and even a pregnant sister. Age ranges between 16 and 55+. The instructors were excellent, our Circuit Overseer and the other brother in substitute work who also graduated from MTS. They are awesome!

So although the school is ended our life as pioneers begin anew. What an excellent way to start out our service year.


This is me and Baltazara who I mentioned in my last post. Isn't she beautiful?

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful picture of you and Baltazara. Just some of the memories you will treasure forever.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.