About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Pioneer School

I have to share this bit of news with you. 14 years ago when we first arrived in the country we had the privilege to preach in a small village about two hours from Cuenca called Jima. We spent the entire day preaching and at the time there were no witnesses or congregation in the area. One family (the Morocho family) with 11 children was studying and had invited us to stay after the study and eat lunch. During the study the older girls left to kill a chicken for lunch. This was strange at the time since we usually buy our meat in the grocery store. However, the lunch they prepared was literally one of the most delicious we have ever tasted. We had been walking all day, up mountains, on dirt paths and when we arrived to their home we were happy to be seated around a kitchen table with the entire family. We appreciated their hospitality so much especially since we were so tired. Remember, also that our Spanish at the time was extremely limited.

Now to the point of my story...one of the daughters that we studied with that day, Baltazara, is in our Pioneer School and she reports that the majority of the family is either baptized or studying. What a joy!

6 comments:

  1. We often never know what happens to the seeds we plant. How wonderful to find that Jehovah watered one of the seeds you planted.

    Bill and Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I see you got the hang of posting comments. I'm happy to hear from you. I took a picture today of me and Baltazara and hopefully I will have the strength to post it. It has been a wonderful week, but I am now officially brain dead. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good experience indeed. Yes, it is really nice when they come up to you years later & ask if you remember them.(Had several such exp. in Ohio). Seems youth take ahold even when parents don't. And now some of their children are JW's, & even one I know in Bethel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful privilege! Just found your blog, so will catch up on some. looking forward to having some of those ourselves.
    Tom & Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice experience. Just found your blog, so will catch up as we can.
    Tom & Elaine Plank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tom and Elaine! So happy you found the blog. Look forward to keeping in touch...take care.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.