About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Some Things Money Can't Buy

I know of a sister that works part time in Cuenca and tries to informal witness to her co workers whenever the opportunity presents itself. Recently her boss came to her with some personal problems and, of course, the best solution is the kingdom. Once again my friend began to witness to her and they had a very nice conversation, but since it was work, they had to keep the conversation short. Later that day her boss commented to her...and this is the part that money can't buy...she said "you really are a great witness for your God, Jehovah." I can't think of a nicer complement.

5 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying your posts. My hubby and I are wanting to move to Cuenca too. Is there an English Cong. there? That needs help? Thank you, Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yes there is an English congregation in Cuenca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello...I enjoy your blogs...my husband and I will be in Cuenca June 12th....(next week) per the Branch recommendation. We hope to meet you! We will be going to the English Congo. We are there for 3 weeks at first. We have been in Vina del Mar, Chile now for 3 weeks, "spying out the land".... I have emailed Mark through a blog I found concerning housing.....(gringosabroad) We are hoping to get advise from ANYONE who can assist. I have seen you have moved many times ...told you I read your blogs....:) I too, cannot take alot of noise as we spent 13 years in Alaska and are not used to alot of noise, so we hope you can recommend an area for us.
    Well, we hope to see you while we are in Cuenca and thank Jehovah for those of you who have paved the way for those of us who now have the circumstances to do more....

    Warm Chrisitan Greetings
    Ronnie & Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you're a great author.
    I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will come back sometime soon.
    I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have
    a nice day!
    Here is my weblog Sandpoint waterfront FSBO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Rebecca,
    Greetings from Canada. My husband and I have chose Cuenca as our new home and should be arriving there within the next couple of months.
    We are coming from eastern Canada, we have friends in the west who have also chosen Cuenca. We will attend the English Cong. at first until we get settled, then switch to Spanish once we feel more comfortable with the language.
    We spent a month in Nicaragua last winter and loved the work in the field so much. We are looking forward to our move and meeting you when we arrive.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.