About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hello Again

It has been some time since I have visited this site. It has been a difficult year, very busy, dealing will illnesses, stress and well, extactly what everyone else is dealing with. But, things are looking up and there have been so many changes it's hard to know where to begin. So I will start at the change that has had the most impact on our lives recently. In July the branch in Ecuador decided to redistibute all the territories in Cuenca and this change meant that everyone was to attend the congregation that corresponded to where they live. Since we were assigned to a congregation on the other side of town this meant that starting in July, we had to change congregations. This was quite hard since we were very happy in our assignment and loved the brothers deeply. However, to be obedient we opted to say our farewells and attend the new congregation. This has been a blessing beyond belief. First, we are in the territory and live 3 minutes from the Kingdom Hall; 18 minutes from our front door to the Hall if we choose to walk. Our first meeting I was a bit nervous,you know going into a new place and not knowing anyone. But, we received the warmest welcome from everyone and soon we felt like we have always been in this congregation. To make things even better, I already have 6 bible studies, a lot of support in the ministry and inummerable new friends that are like family. The territory is very productive and the congregation is very sociable so there is always something to do. The challenge is this congregation is the largest we have attended since we came to Ecuador, 162 publishers and an average attendance over 200; so it is difficult to talk to everyone, but little by little we are getting to know the brothers and sisters. Mark is having fun trying to remember everyone's name in the WT study and this generates quite a bit of laughter. After a long day in the ministry this morning with 77 at the group, we arrived home tired and happy and grateful to Jehovah for this wonderful new experience He has given us. And to top things off, Mark just came over and gave me a big kiss and said "H
appy anniversary. Did you realize that today we have been in Ecuador 15 years?" How happy I am that Mark talked me into going to serve where the need is great. It has been the happiest years of our lives. Oh one other item of interest. Meet Boo, the new member of our family and the most spoiled animal in all of South American, maybe the world.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Glad things are going good for you both. (I was afraid the talks from district assembly had scared you off net).
    Best Service is to Jehovah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always enjoyed your blog. Happy Anniversary! You don't know how much we needed to hear your encouraging experiences.
    Matt & Kathy Holbrook

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always enjoy your blog. Happy Anniversary!
    You don't know how much we needed to hear your
    encouraging experiences.
    Matt & Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This is Abigail. I have been following your blog and I am so happy to see you have started writing again! I love your new kitty! I have two of my own. Maybe we will get to meet face to face one day soon. I hope to be moving to Ambato in December. Thanks for writing your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. I didn't realize people actually read my ramblings. I'll try to keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to find your site as my husband and I are coming to Cuenca on March 19,2014 to start the process of moving there.I would like to find out where the Kingdom Hall is so we can find lodgings close by. Also, if you know of a brother who does transportation we will need to come from the branch to Cuenca we prefer to pay a brother than the world. Maybe your might know of a witness that has a hotel or bed and breakfast again rather pay a witness than the world. My husband is an elder and I hope to return to pioneering in a few month. ( recovering from knee surgery ). I know this is a lot to ask, maybe we can meet for dinner when we get there.

    Warmest Christian Love,
    Catherine Woods
    alternative.research@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to find your site as my husband and I are coming to Cuenca on March 19,2014 to start the process of moving there.I would like to find out where the Kingdom Hall is so we can find lodgings close by. Also, if you know of a brother who does transportation we will need to come from the branch to Cuenca we prefer to pay a brother than the world. Maybe your might know of a witness that has a hotel or bed and breakfast again rather pay a witness than the world. My husband is an elder and I hope to return to pioneering in a few month. ( recovering from knee surgery ). I know this is a lot to ask, maybe we can meet for dinner when we get there.

    Warmest Christian Love,
    Catherine Woods
    alternative.research@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband and I will be in Cuenca on the 20th of March 2014 and we are trying to make contact with the English Congregation there. We are in the process of moving to Cuenca so we wanted to check it out. I need to know the location of the kingdom hall as we are looking for a hotel or Bed and Breakfast and want to be located near the hall for meetings and field service.. Thank you for all our help. May Jehovah continue to be with your family. Looking forward to meeting you soon.
    Catherine and Terry Woods alternative.research@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.