About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

It's So Cold!

It's June now and the weather is beginning to change...it's cold. This morning it was 48 degrees. It may not sound like much, but when you don't have any central heat in the house, it is bone chilling. It's weird that people up north in the U.S. and Canada are going into summer, but we are freezing in the Southern Hemisphere. Time to put on the Alpaca sweaters.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca! My husband and I moved to Cuenca 11 months ago and actually ran into Mark one day when we first arrived, he helped us in front of the bank on Sucre y Borrero. We now go to the Paraiso congregation. I am interested in teaching English and wanted to get in touch with him, I'd like to drop my resume off at Abraham Lincoln. Someone told me not to bother with the CEDEI and Canada schools. Any help or suggestions he/both of you can give me would be much appreciated. I don't need or want to work full time, even 1 or 2 days a week would be fine. Check out our blog quepasacuenca.wordpress.com. Thanks! Chante' McLin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing. The best thing is to go directly to the Abraham Center and talk to them.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.