About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

There's Nothing Like Good Friends








I must say that this has been a very difficult two weeks. Trying to make decisions about my health and whether or not to have the surgery. But, having the love and support of all our dear friends has been a life saver. You really don't realize how many friends you have until you go through something like this. First, Dan and Tina from the Galapagos Islands happened to fly in Sunday before my surgery and were kind enough to spend the entire day with Mark and I to try to keep our minds off the impending surgery on Monday. We ate lunch together (I was trying to eat all I could because only soup and mush allowed after the surgery) and we walked downtown Cuenca to see the sights. How kind of them to sacrifice their time to cheer us up.

Then Monday rolled around and Look who came to see me in the hospital. I can't believe all the love and support. Not to mention all the lovely flowers, visits and well wishers. Thank you everyone. Your presence and continued support really helped Mark cope with a difficult situation and I must say it did wonders for me to see all your faces as I came out of the anesthesia. When your family isn't available it's wonderful to have your extended spiritual family around for love and support. We both appreciate it very much. I'm doing well as you can see I am actually typing this blog 3 days after the surgery! And the stitches come out this afternoon. Who knows what I will be doing next!

1 comment:

  1. I hope what you will be doing next is coming with me to Susie!
    Have a good day - enjoy the sunshine

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.