About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nice Surprise

Next door to my work is a small office supply store that my bosses send me to from time to time to make copies. I have also used it to have my Bible Teach book and new song book ring bound. In my visits to the store I have gotten to know the owner, a nice lady, and we have had short conversations.

Thursday I was sent once again to make some copies and when I entered the store the owner is sitting there having a bible study with two sisters. I was so delighted to see them and, of course, the sisters greeted me and we talked a bit. When the lady got up and excused herself to the sister in order to make my copies, she said "you are a Witness, too? I'm going to be one soon." She told me that she used to be opposed, but when I brought my books in to be bound, she was curious and read some of them and decided to listen the next time the witnesses came around. She is loving what she is learning and and can't wait to learn more. I was so excited!

Even though it was a crazy, busy day at work, that brief moment just made my day!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that experience. Sometimes we think that we are not accomplishing much, but we never know when Jehovah will open someones heart.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.