About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Back in Cuenca

After 6 weeks away visiting my daughter in the beautiful state of Colorado, I am back in Cuenca. The weather is very pleasant and cool which is refreshing after being in the summer heat.

The visit was the best and Aimee and I had a lot of fun catching up and doing mother-daughter stuff. But, it was time to get back to business.

One nice experience that I want to share although it is not mine but was told by a brother where we stayed in Guayaquil on the trip back to Ecuador. His name is Luis and he told us that he was preaching and a householder said "it bothers me that you people think you have the only right religion. Can you prove to me that yours is the right one?" Luis answered by asking "I'm new here, do you know any Jehovah's Witnesses that live in this neighborhood?" He answered, "yes one lives up the hill there and another down the hill here." Luis said, "lets go see them." And they did. When they arrived to the first house, Luis knocked on the door, a brother he didn't know answered. Luis said, "Hi brother, I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses preaching in your neighborhood." Immediately, the brother warmly invited them into the house. They visited for a few minutes and left. Then they went to the next one and the exact same thing occurred. Luis then asked the incredulous man, "do you know any Catholics around here?" "Yes, we are all Catholics." he said. Luis said, "okay let's try the same thing and go to the house of a Catholic you don't know. They did and not surprising they didn't get the same reception. They knocked at a door and a man answered. The householder said "hi, I'm your neighbor and I'm Catholic." The man replied "so?" The householder immediately saw the difference, accepted a bible study and became our brother.

I thought this was a cool experience. I hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Very Good. Shows how simple an example can prover true. Glad you enjoyed your trip back to states & assembly. We went from Texas to Ohio for a week; cool there, 52 to 75; now back to Texas heat 95+. We enjoy reading your info. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!!! Glad you had a blast and enjoyed some rest and relaxation with family and friends. Hope to get to see you guys soon and catch up in person!!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.