About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Monica y Dayana

There are days when you feel like you are not accomplishing much. We preach, conduct studies, some progressive, some not, but you still wonder if you are really making a difference. I was feeling this way and down in the dumps when I got a phone call from someone in our past. Her name is Dayana and we met her 13 years ago when we just arrived in the country and she was only 3 years old. She is the daughter of a sister named Monica I was assigned to finish the second book and later work with in the "Pioneer Assist" program. This assignment was a bit daunting since I couldn't speak Spanish very well, but Monica progressed and despite my limitations we became very close. Eventually, Monica and Dayana moved to the jungle to serve where there is greater need. Dayana called to inform her "spiritual parents" that she has been appointed as a regular pioneer. It was wonderful news and really cheered me up. I don't think Dayana realized how precious her gift is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.