About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Orchid is in Bloom

I am a lover of orchids. I can't help it they are just fascinating. So you can appreciate my delight to find out that Ecuador has over 4000 varieties including an orchid so tiny you have to look at it under a magnifying glass. It is amazing to see something so small and yet so perfectly formed.
No I don't have near as many as 4000, but the few I have are beginning to bloom and it gives me great pleasure for the 4 to 6 weeks they are in bloom to sit and look at their unique beauty. The one shown here is particularly pretty and I thought I would share its beauty with you.




1 comment:

  1. How beautiful! They look like they are the Phalaenopsis Orchid. I have the same kind and they are so easy to grow and as you mentioned such a delight becauswe the beautiful blooms last a long time. I also have a Dendrobium Orchid that is blooming now.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.