About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Piano Recital

The dreaded day finally came. Friday was the piano recital I have been nervously awaiting and secretly hoping I wouldn't have to participate in. But, come it did and I had to suck it up and play. I had prepared two pieces, a Chopin Etude and a fun piece called Contrabajeando, which is an Argentinian Tango. I was the last to play and the oldest of the students. There were a couple of technical difficulties that threw me off guard. First, the piano had some clunker keys that didn't work and second, my piano teacher turned the page of music before I was ready. But, despite all this I did survive to play another day.
Me with my piano teacher Jakeline Gutierrez.

1 comment:

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.