About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Beth's Adventure

Sunday, we started our day with the meeting. Mark gave a very good talk if I say so myself. My little leaner (Nancy) was there to welcome me and keep me company. Here she is:



We made plans with Mark and Beth to try out the local cuisine. Beth wanted to eat Guinea Pig before she goes back to New Zealand. Those of you from Kiwiland that are following this blog and know Elizabeth are probably familiar with her adventurous spirit. I think she wanted something to brag about. So we took her to El Cabo a small town about 45 minutes away to a restaurant owned by a brother. We trust him to kill the guinea pig and bleed it correctly. And this is what happened.


As you can see, we had a lovely time, cuy or no cuy.

5 comments:

  1. Great video Becky - yes I was so sad there was no cuy - NOT!
    We did really enjoy the day - thank you so much.
    I have just had another experience I would have been happy to miss - I wanted just a wee bit cut off my hair(before I could get back to Alicia) cause it was driving me mad and I have come away looking like a boy. No pictures will be taken of me for the next few weeks! Thank goodness my hair grows fast!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man,who did you go to? It probably isn't as bad as you think.
    Do you know what's the difference between and good haircut and a bad one? 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure that you don't let Beth get off that easily! She will still be here for 10 more weeks! Plenty of time for plenty of cuy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your're right...We gotta plan and you guys can try the cuy, too. So prepare yourselves.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.