About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Something New

Some of you may know that Mark and I have been struggling for a while with our finances. We have been praying a lot and trying to decide what we should do. Mark is taking on more work at the University, but my situation is a bit more complicated with my health issues. Thus, many heartfelt prayers to Jehovah as to what we should do. Guess what? Sarah Rulla from Greely, CO is serving here with her parents Dan and Kelly. Sarah has been working for an immigration lawyer part time in downtown Cuenca not very far from where we live. In fact, it is within walking distance. Sunday night while the Rullas were over for dinner, Sarah mentioned that since she and her family will be returning to Colorado, her bosses were desperate to find someone to take her place. FLASH! Why not me? Sarah mentioned the possibility to her bosses and I have an interview with them this afternoon. After much reflection and prayer could this be the answer we have been waiting for? It's translation work, part-time and they are very flexible about the hours and willingly let you off for vacations and assemblies. I will be able to continue my pioneering and the money will help pay off the debts incurred with my surgery. Sounds like an answer to me....I will let you know if I get the job. Wish me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.