About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our Election Day Play Day

Sunday was election day for Ecuador. That means that everything shuts down, no meetings, no ministry, no liqueur for the entire weekend. So what does one do? Well, our congregation decided to have fun. We got together with some of the young ones and took a trip to Gualaceo a little town about 30 minutes from Cuenca. We went to a park and had a great time. Here are some highlights from the trip.

First we all met at the "Parque del Dragon" (the Dragon Park) So called because of the metal statue of a dragon. It's kinda cool. Then we took the bus to Gualaceo where we found a nice park by the river. I think the following video will give you an idea....




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.