About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

We're a New Congregation

The time for the Batan Congregation to split and form another congregation has finally arrived. Although Batan has only been formed for about 2 1/2 years, there is a necessity to split once again. So, one week ago, it was announced that a new congregation was organized and we will be attending La Florida.

This is exciting and sad at the same time. Exciting that there is growth in our territory and it obviously has Jehovah's blessing. Sad because we will be losing some of our beloved brothers and sisters that have been assigned to another congregation. Also, we received news that the plans for our building a new hall are in the hands of the GB in New York and we are awaiting approval. In the meantime, we will be helping with the remodel of our current KH which is in great need to be fixed up. Currently, there are four congregations meeting in the one hall and you can imagine the wear and tear that causes. So, we are looking forward to the project and will be very busy.

Other news, the Assembly Hall in Guayaquil will soon be finished. We are told that there will be a dedication of the Hall in October and those who have 30 years or more baptized are invited to attend. Can you believe that Mark and I qualify? I hate to admit it (I'm aging myself) but in October I will celebrate 37 years baptized and Mark 36. There are only 6 in our hall that are invited because we of many years in the truth are few in this country. A guest speaker from the GB will be down for the dedication and will give the talk. I'll be sure to write you guys about the event.

That's about all for now. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.