About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

CO Visit

This has been a very special week. Our Co visit. We had a supstitute this time around. Javier and Lorena Venegas from Sigsig. Sigsig is about 1 1/2 away from Cuenca. They are a young couple with an 11 year old son and serve as Special Pioneers. We have known them ever since thier son was only a few months old. Wow, how time flies!

The entire visit was great, but I really appreciated the Pioneer Meeting that was based on the article "How to Maintaim Joy in the Full-Timee Service" from the 9/15/97 WT. Some of the proplems touched on are how to cope with disappointment, getting along with others, when in poor health, dealing with apathy, etc. The article talks about the different circumstances that can make one start to think about leaving the full-time service. For me, it was opportune, since I have been dealing with these health issues for some time now. But, as the article mentions, some problems are short term and others are a bit longer. However, Jehovah is our stronghold and knows our circumstances. I think this was written just for me. Don't we all feel like that?

It was encouraging and, as usual, the ministry was great. The only problem is right after the Pioneer Meeting my fever spiked again and put me in bed for the rest of the visit. That's why I haven't been able to blog much. Today I'm much better and hope to be back on both feet soon. That's about it for now. Miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.