About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Monday, September 22, 2008

A Disturbing Incident

We live on the corner of a intersection and our living room window faces the street. For the last two weeks the traffic light on one corner has not been working properly and this week it stopped working all together. This has been a concern because there is quite a bit of traffic on these two streets and it is very dangerous.

This morning tragedy occurred. As I was pouring my morning coffee, I heard a terrible crash. When I looked out the window, as predicted, there was a fatal accident. Two pickup trucks. One ran through the non working traffic light. Unfortunately, two people were on the street walking. A mother and her 18 year old daughter. The daughter was instantly killed. The mother was seriously injured. The person driving the fatal truck was seen hailing a taxi and fled the scene. It was very upsetting. The police arrived and taped off the area as a crime scene. Now the city workers are busy repairing the traffic light. It only took a death to get it fixed....how sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.