About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

English Study Progress

Donna Nicoll the 61 year old American (Texan) I mentioned earlier is progressing nicely.
Yesterday, Beth and I went on the study to find Donna bursting with energy and recovering nicely. She was able to get out of bed into her wheelchair so she could sit up to study. That is progress. She had prepared her lesson and said that she was sorry, but she couldn't resist reading ahead to the next chapter. Wow! We won't punish her for that. Anyway, Donna expresses herself very well and what she is learning is touching her heart. Talking about the paradise, we read Revelation 21:3, 4. Donna, reading out loud, started to tear up. What she read touched her heart, but more amazingly she said "I'm really beginning to believe this." Needless to say, Beth and I started to tear up also. How wonderful to see someone really appreciate the truth. I will keep you guys posted.

3 comments:

  1. brought tears to my eyes reading about it again - so cool eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, isn't it amazing the joy one feels when the hearts of those rightly disposed are touched by a different language, the language of truth from Jah, about his promises and purposes, a language people of all different kinds of languages can understand and appreciate and so have HOPE, because of our Great Jehovah and his love for mankind.

    How wonderful to read of your experiences. For me it has been a desire to serve where the need is great but perhaps it may only be just a dream for me, I don't know, but I surely do love reading the wonderful experiences - they are so encouraging and faith-strengthening showing just who is in control of this great magnificent life-saving work!

    Warm love and greetings to all

    Your sister from way down South (South Africa)
    Angela Williams
    arwilliams@roedeanschool.co.za

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.