About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Orchids

Did you know there are over 4,000 varieties of orchids in Ecuador? I didn't either. There is an orchid sanctuary and cultivation center in Gualaceo about an hour away from Cuenca. Mark and visited and were amazed by the beautiful and unique flowers. One orchid actually smells like chocolate. There are orchids a little larger than a pin head and others that are like explosions of blooms. I put together a video of some of what we saw. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Rebecca, the flowers are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.