About Me

My photo
In October, 1997, my husband Mark and I, decided to move to Ecuador. We settled in Cuenca, the third largest city. It is nestled in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountain range. It has been an amazing aventure.

Monday, August 3, 2009

This Time Tears of Joy!

As you know, I've been sad that we couldn't make the English Convention. But, I received wonderful news yesterday. Donna Nicol called to let me know that she was baptized at the convention. You remember her? She was my English study while she was recovering in the hospital here in Cuenca. For a few weeks, I was privileged to start a study with her in the Teach book and watch her grow in appreciation. She moved to the coast a little later and I couldn't continue the study. But, she didn't stop. And she was baptized. Now she is our sister. I'm crying, but not because I'm sad but because I am thrilled that she progressed and that I was able to be a part of it, even if it was for a short while. Oh, I almost forgot...she told me that she is conducting two studies of her own! WOW!

Me and Donna in Cuenca after a bible study. Here she was still in the hospital.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy your comments and hope to hear from all of you even anonymous comments. However, I wish you would include your name to keep it friendlier.